It is quite a complex task to find the best WordPress web host nowadays as there are 10+ WordPress hosting providers exist in the market.
However, if you add more bucks to your budget then this complexity get reduces. In fact, few points make sense though why you should look beyond the regular web hosts.
And there it comes, the Managed WordPress hosting services. At a premium price, these services offer you a better experience in terms of Page load speed, reliability, uptime, etc. So, if you can spend a bit more then a managed web hosting can lower your all headache with their top-notch performance.
In this post, I’ll be walking you through with my three favorite managed WordPress hosts and we’ll compare each of them in terms of their pricing, performance, and features. This will help you to decide which one would be best suitable for your needs. We have to discuss a lot about each of these web hosts.
So, let’s jump into the Flywheel hosting reviews and compare it with other web hosts.
What is this Managed WordPress Hosting? (Do you really need it?)
Well, it’s not easy to choose a web host among top three managed WordPress hosts as a few lines of description can’t give you a full picture of them. So, keep reading the entire article in depth.
Obviously, you will be subscribing to any of them for a long period of time. So, it is important to understand each of them first before spending your money.
Let me explain to you in a short sentence.
Managed WordPress hosting provides you a high level of services than your regular web hosting server. Shared hosting can also be used but if you see the web hosting plans, you will find VPS (Virtual Private Servers) and Dedicated Servers. These plans charge you much more than the shared hosting.
Leave dedicated hosting plan unless you have a large business to operate.
At first, let’s make it clear whether managed WordPress hosting is better or worse than other hosting plans. Managed hosting is simply like a valet parking where you just need to pay some premium price and your life become easier as it handles all the headaches of web hosting needs.
Managed WordPress hosting employ real people who will be working for you in order to provide you a wonderful experience with your web hosting needs.
Keeping all these in mind, let’s check out the pros of using managed hosting service over a regular shared web host:
- Blazing Fast Speed: These managed servers offer you a fast page loading of your WordPress website as they optimize their servers to offer you optimal WordPress speed performance. It doesn’t mean that you can’t achieve the faster speed with regularly shared web hosts but that will take huge efforts to achieve the target.
- Server Uptime. As regular web hosts offer you a shared environment. Hence, most of the time, you would be facing the situation that your website is down. But managed web hosts take care of your website uptime and optimize their server to keep your website alive for 24 x 7.
- Better security. I agree managed WordPress web hosts are expensive but they offer better security to your website as they run all the latest updates the software to prevent DDoS attacks and vulnerabilities. In most of the cases, they blocks the installation of plugins which are outdated and known for issues.
How to Choose the Best Managed WordPress Host
So far, you have learned why Managed WordPress hosting is the better option to host your WordPress website. Now, in the market, there are many hosting providers of managed WordPress solution. So, on what grounds you should select the perfect web host?
These few points will help you to make a smart decision about selecting the right one:
- WordPress-specific features. Rather than choosing a web host which offers web hosting for all framework websites, be specific to the one who only specializes in WordPress and offers you the features like WP Engine which offers you to make a staging website before launching it in front of the crowd.
- Top-notch performance. Who loves a slow loading website? No one. Managed web hosts offer a fast loading speed to your WordPress website with great performance. However, you should compare each web host separately with their performance in order to make the right decision.
- Customer support. The best part of choosing the Managed WordPress hosting is that you will get customer service 24 x 7. So, if you subscribe with any of the web hosting plan listed in this article, you will get awesome customer support which regular web hosts do not offer.
- High-security standards. It is very important that your web host offers you 100% security and keep scanning your website files for a virus, malware, etc. Also, it should update their software scripts timely and taking the backup of your WordPress website automatically.
Flywheel vs SiteGround
Let’s examine their key features and go through with the details of what makes both of them different before getting into their list of pricing and performance.
FYI, we are going just to compare the features provided by these two web hosts in their starter or minimum pricing plan. The more you will spend the more advanced features you will get. However, I do not recommend to go with expensive plans if you are a beginner unless you know what you are doing and why exactly you are choosing the managed WordPress hosting.
SiteGround is the famous name in the industry of web hosting as it offers the managed WordPress hosting at a very competitive price. Even its pricing can be comparable with its regular shared hosting plans. Still, it offers you great performance at a very low price.
So, if you have a tight budget and you are looking for a fast and reliable managed WordPress hosting, this is probably the best option you should go through.
The only drawback is that you will still see the boring dashboard whereas other managed web hosts provide a sleek-looking and beautiful panel. In most of the scenarios, SiteGround dashboard feels like you are still using the regularly shared environment like you can check their cPanel and you will not find any difference until you start digging out the special features you got.
- 24 x 7 Customer service is available. So, you can ring them anytime as per your convenience.
- 1-Click installation is provided for WordPress.
- Automatic daily backups are available.
- Access your website through advanced SSH Secure Shell.
- WP-CLI (WordPress Command Line) is available to manage your WordPress installation.
- WP Super Cache plugin is available for caching purpose.
As per my analysis and usage experience, SiteGround offers a wide range of WordPress-specific features that you don’t get with other web hosts. SiteGround is famous for its low pricing plans with world-class features.
Flywheel vs WPEngine
Almost WP Engine is different from SiteGround as WP Engine is a 100% Managed WordPress hosting provider whereas SiteGround deals in Shared Hosting, Managed WordPress hosting, Dedicated Hosting, etc.
People choose WP Engine when they have a specific requirement and need the very fast page loading.
That’s the reason why even the most basic and minimum plan costs your pocket a little bit more than SiteGround and other web hosts. After investing in their hosting plan, you will get a robust service with real-time support and a WordPress optimized dashboard for users.
Along with that, you will also be able to set up the staging website with just a few clicks. Free CDN (Content Delivery Network) and SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is also provided in the same plan.
- Handles 25,000 visitors per month.
- Real-time customer support via phone and live chat.
- Pre-installed WordPress.
- Free site migrations.
- Amazon S3 Account can be integrated.
- 35+ Premium Studiopress Genesis Child themes included.
The starter plan of WP Engine though offers a variety of WordPress-specific features. However, if you need more advanced features then subscribe to their more expensive plans.
Flywheel vs SiteGround vs WP Engine
Let me describe Flywheel in a nutshell.
I can say Flywheel offers an excellent list of features and resides between the previous two web hosts. It offers almost all the similar features that you can get in SiteGround and WP Engine but if we talk about its pricing, Flywheel exists in between both of them.
You can get all the premium features that add a plus to your WordPress hosting experience. Like Flywheel’s user dashboard is awesome as compared to basic Plesk cPanels and I enjoy using them from last 2 years so far.
With the help of single location screen, you can monitor all the site stats of your WordPress website without any hassle, access all the advanced features of Flywheel and rewind the server in case if you would like to access the previous backup of WordPress website.
Not ready to launch your website online now?
Well, the good news is that Flywheel offers you a free tool with the help of which you can set up your local WordPress website easily before launching it online.
Key Features of Flywheel:
- Get full-time customer service in weekdays.
- Get Free SSL (Let’s Encrypt).
- Keep your website safe with the automatic backup mechanism.
- Duplicate your website with just a few clicks rather than dealing with manual FTP.
- Support to latest PHP 7.2.x Version.
Nowadays, Flywheel is one of the most popular managed WordPress solution with tons of useful options. This platform is not just offering your advanced features but also take cares of your time and efforts with their integrated features if you are an agency or an individual developer.
So, if you are the one who is developing a WordPress website for the clients, Flywheel is the best option to choose. Also, it offers some custom pricing plans for agencies if you can contact them with your specific needs.
Pricing Plans Comparison
SiteGround offers four web hosting plans named: Web hosting, WordPress Hosting, WooCommerce, and Cloud Hosting. We are not going to discuss all of their plans otherwise this entire article will be too long.
Let’s explore its Managed WordPress Hosting plan.
There are three Managed WordPress hosting plans: Startup, GrowBig, and GoGeek. If you just want to host 1 domain then Startup plan is the best choice but if you have more than 1 websites to get hosted then either you can go with GrowBig plan or with GoGeek.
WP Engine is another famous name in the managed WordPress hosting market however they have the most expensive pricing plan than any other web host.
But if you have a good budget then you should go ahead with WP Engine as I used it for 1 year and was fully satisfied.
I agree even their startup plan is expensive but it is fully loaded with advanced features.
The name Flywheel itself a brand in the Managed WordPress hosting industry.
They offer both monthly and yearly based pricing plans. If you subscribe with the annual plan, you get almost 3 months of free web hosting space.
In the beginning, I recommend you to sign up with their starter plan and when you think it is working great with your needs then upgrade your plan anytime.
Most of the people thing that managed WordPress hosting is an expensive idea to invest in web hosting needs but if you can see it from another side, it is worth as if you are running a blog, a business website or something important is online on your website, then you should consider a top-notch performance managed WordPress hosting rather than taking risk with regular web hosting plans.
I used many web hosts and has enough experience with each platform. So, let’s have a recap to each of them so that you can decide which one is better for you.
- SiteGround: Best suitable for those who are new to WordPress development and have a tight budget.
- WP Engine: Best suitable for those who have no limitation with their budget and are looking for a robust performance managed WordPress hosting.
- Flywheel: This is my favorite option if you need a mixture of performance with plenty of features and worth pricing plan. Sign up with Flywheel.
If you have any question regarding the Flywheel Hosting Reviews or SiteGround or WP Engine Managed WordPress hosting, leave your comment below.
- User Ratings
- Speed Performance
- Customer Support